If you are currently a student who is looking for an exciting learning experience in manufacturing, you may be the person for Hol-Mac Corporation. Our company seeks highly motivated students studying mechanical engineering, industrial technology or other manufacturing related programs to fill fall and spring co-ops and summer internships. As a co-op/intern at Hol-Mac Corp., you will work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment at one of our three facilities in Bay Springs, Miss.
Mechanical engineering co-ops/interns directly support Hol-Mac’s skilled engineering teams in both design and manufacturing engineering tasks including, but not limited to, the following:
- use of computer-aided drafting system for preparation of drawings and documentation related to specific engineering projects
- familiarization with standards and product testing
- participation in product design projects including preparation of project forms and documentation, design, specification and implementation
- working with cross-functional teams in the development of new products and improvement of existing products
Industrial technology co-ops/internships allow students to apply basic engineering principles and technical skills in support of engineers and managers in the manufacturing facility. Tasks include, but are not limited to, the following:
- overseeing projects to benefit SQPC through the execution of Rapid Improvement Workshops (RIW)
- conduction of time studies to improve manufacturing systems
- people development through recommendations and improvements to advance team member production capabilities
- development/ understanding of organizational behavior, industrial processes, industrial planning procedures, computer applications, and report and presentation building
Upon the conclusion of the semester, you will be expected to deliver a PowerPoint presentation based on your experience with our company. Presentations typically last between 10-15 minutes and are delivered before the corporate leadership team, including both the President and CEO of Hol-Mac. At this time you will have an opportunity to provide suggestions on ways in which our company can improve upon and grow our co-op/intern program.
Should you have any questions regarding available opportunities, please contact our Human Resources department 601-764-4121 or (800) 844-3019.